BBA Stars

Elizabeth Henke Yant

Retired Partner
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

Elizabeth “Liz” Henke Yant retired in June 2010 from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) in Houston. As a partner with PwC, Liz had 32 years of experience in international and domestic taxation of multinational companies as well as building and managing several tax consulting practices for the firm. She was the lead engagement partner for several of PwC’s largest energy industry clients. From 1998 – 2001 she was the leader for PwC’s Tax U.S. Energy practice. Liz was the tax partner in charge of the firm’s Midwest Region (1996-1998) which consisted of 24 offices and 770 staff and partners. From 1994 to 1996, she managed the Price Waterhouse Tax and Legal Practices for the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Romania. Liz was a tax partner in the Houston office from 1989 to 1993 developing a middle market practice in technology, healthcare, and service companies in the Houston area and was a member of the team that opened the Price Waterhouse office in Austin in 1984. She began her career in San Francisco in 1979 with Deloitte Haskins and Sells.

Liz is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a BBA in Accounting (1977) and Masters of Professional Accounting – Tax (1978). For most of her career, she led PwC’s recruiting efforts at the University of Texas and is a Lifetime member of the McCombs Dean’s Advisory Council. Liz has been an active member of the McCombs Department of Accounting Advisory Council since 1987. In November 2009, she was inducted into the McCombs School of Business Hall of Fame and was previously honored with the Texas Star Award by the McCombs Department of Accounting.

“ My years spent at UT definitely gave me a wide view of the opportunities for a career in the business world.  I was profoundly influenced by the UT business school faculty who were icons academically and in business.  I was fortunate to remain close friends with many UT McCombs faculty and to continue to learn from them as well as share my experiences through advisory roles over my 32-year career and now in retirement.  The education in business and accounting I received at UT was fundamental to every door that opened for me in my career.  Not only was I prepared by my education to take on challenges, but I was also prepared to recognize when opportunities presented themselves.  Congratulations to the McCombs BBA Program on the Centennial Celebration and thank you to the faculty and staff who continue to make this program best in the country!”

BBA Stars Archive