BBA Stars

Lynn M. Utter

utter
CEO, First Source
Director, WESCO International
Director, Merchants Metals 

Lynn Utter serves as Chief Executive Officer and board member for First Source, a leader in packaging and distribution of specialty candies, nuts and snacks throughout the United States. She has served as a Director for WESCO International, a Pittsburgh based Fortune 500 industrial distribution company, since 2006 and as a Director for private equity-backed Merchants Metals since 2015.   Prior to First Source, she served as global President and Chief Operating Officer of Knoll Office, and as the Chief Strategy Officer at Coors Brewing Company. Her previous experience includes six years with PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, and four years with Strategic Planning Associates in Washington, D.C.

Lynn has served on a myriad of not-for-profit boards including the Board of Overseers for the Henry Crown Fellowship at The Aspen Institute, The University of Texas, and United Way; and recently co-chaired the Stanford GSB’s Task Force on Women. She received the Paradigm Award from the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, has been named to the McCombs School of Business Hall of Fame, and was honored as an Outstanding Young Texas Ex. Lynn received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from The Business Honors Program (BHP) at The University of Texas, and she earned an MBA from Stanford. Lynn and her husband share an almost empty nest outside of Philadelphia, PA.

“McCombs didn’t just affect me; McCombs defined me. While at McCombs I learned that I was capable of thinking head-to-head with the best and brightest, and I had the chance to build leadership skills both inside and outside the classroom. McCombs gave me the experiences, the network, and the confidence to pursue my dreams.”

BBA Stars Archive