BBA Stars

Mark L. Madrid

madrid

Mark L. Madrid is the President and CEO at the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the United States Hispanic Chamber of the Year awarded by the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. The GAHCC mission is to build its members’ personal, business, educational and financial wealth.

Madrid holds a BBA from the University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business, where he graduated in 1995 with Honors and earned the designation as an Endowed Presidential Scholar. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame Cum Laude with a Master in Nonprofit Administration from the Mendoza College of Business in January 2015. During the 2015 Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business Graduate Business Diploma Ceremony, Madrid was honored with the Rev. Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC Founder’s Award and the David J. LaBarre Community Service Award.

Madrid is a Jefferson Award recipient and an Honorary Colonel, as bestowed by the United States Army Reserve 75th Training Command. In 2016, Madrid was selected as a mentor for the University of Texas at Austin LBJ School of Public Affairs Executive Master in Public Leadership program.

In 2015 Austin Mayor Steve Adler appointed Madrid as Honorary Co-Chair for the Greater Austin Area My Brother’s Keeper (MBK) Initiative. The mission of President Obama’s national MBK initiative is to ensure that all youth, including boys and young men of color, have opportunities to improve their life outcomes and overcome barriers to success.

Madrid was recently named one of the inaugural Texas Modern Hispanic Gentlemen by Texas Monthly and Ketel One®. This celebratory campaign singles out men who embody an ideal: Hispanic leaders who pursue excellence in their professional lives and are empowering social change in their community.

Madrid created his legacy initiative, the Mark L. Madrid Scholarships, awarded to deserving college students majoring in business from the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Notre Dame.

Where Leadership is Earned.  All of my trajectory has been and always will be traced back to the University of Texas at Austin and the McCombs School of Business.   They are profound catalysts and dynamic inspirations that continue to change the world.  The world-class McCombs education gave me the capability to excel in the corporate, nonprofit and entrepreneurial sectors.  I am eternally grateful to UT-Austin and McCombs for unlocking the most precious doors of opportunity and access.  I would not be the CEO that I am today without #HookEm.

McCombs gave me the attitude and confidence to take life and business life by the horns!  I have cleared obstacles, shattered limits and lived my best self.  UT taught me to embrace change, value diversity and pursue excellence.  Graduating from the University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business will always be one of the greatest days in my family’s history.

BBA Stars Archive