BBA Stars

Niloufar K. Molavi

molavi
Global & US Energy Leader

Niloufar Molavi serves as PwC’s Global and U.S. Energy leading a practice comprised of over 6000 professionals serving Global energy clients in the oil and gas industry and is responsible for all client services – assurance, advisory and tax.

She previously served as the Market Managing Partner for the geographic markets of Houston, Tulsa, Oklahoma City and New Orleans. Prior to that she served as the energy leader within PwC’s Tax practice and as the firm’s U.S. Chief Diversity Officer, overseeing the firm’s diversity strategy and all of its related programs and initiatives. With 25 years of tax experience with PwC, Niloufar has served a wide range of energy companies both in the U.S. and abroad, advising clients on international and U.S. tax structuring, mergers, acquisitions and potential public offerings.

Niloufar served on the firm’s national tax Sarbanes-Oxley task force and co-developed the PwC Sarbanes-Oxley 404 tax training program. She served on the national Tax Accounting Services Task Force and served as the local Houston office FIN 48 & FAS 109 technical leader. Niloufar also led the Tax International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) efforts for the Energy sector.

Niloufar began her career with PwC in 1991 and was promoted to partner in 2001. She joined the firm’s U.S. Leadership team in 2009. She earned her degree in Accounting as well as a Masters in Professional Accounting with a concentration in Taxation from the University of Texas at Austin. She currently serves on the Advisory Board of the McCombs School of Business and Accounting Advisory Council at the University of Texas and serves on the non-profit boards of the Alley Theatre, Dress for Success Houston, Central Houston, ALPFA, the Awty International School and the Greater Houston Partnership. She is a licensed CPA in Texas and resides in Houston with her husband and two children.

“As an immigrant attending UT and choosing to study accounting were the first decisions I was able to make for myself and some of the best.  My McCombs experience  opened my eyes to what was possible, taught me to believe in myself and my abilities, encouraged me to embrace change with an open mind and work hard for what I wanted.  Looking back, those lessons have shaped the career success I have enjoyed at PwC for the past 25 years.”

BBA Stars Archive