Entrepreneurs

Jaclyn Patton

When I entered McCombs, I knew that the entrepreneurial path was in my future; however, I had no idea that in less than a decade I’d own a thriving law practice. Since starting my firm two years ago, I’ve split my time between assisting small businesses in forming, maintaining and defending their startups as well as helping Texans plan for their future and leave their chosen legacy.

Although my legal knowledge is crucial to my trade, I constantly find myself falling back on the skills I learned at McCombs in both managing my firm and advising my clients in their own startups. I can’t count the number of times I’ve dug into old course materials, particularly those from Professor Gabbi’s Global Entrepreneurship course, for new insight on an issue.

As any entrepreneur knows, your startup almost becomes a second part of you. Guiding fellow entrepreneurs through one of the most exciting (and nerve-wracking) times in their business is extremely rewarding—not only in helping clients build their dreams, but also in working with people who are truly passionate about what they do.

PattonJaclyn_inset
BBA Entrepreneurs Archive