Entrepreneurs

Jason A. Rogers

RogersJason

After graduating from the McCombs School in 2005, I went to law school – graduating in 2013. Upon graduation I started my own law firm with two partners, forming Rogers Garcia Patton PLLC in downtown San Antonio, Texas. We are in our third year in existence and handle a variety of areas of trial practice including civil litigation, family law, and criminal defense. Building a business plan for a law firm and running not only a law firm but a business, were critical points of emphasis for our company.

Being an entrepreneur has been a very rewarding experience albeit scary at times, navigating regulations for both the small business world and the legal industry. The biggest challenge has been learning how to budget time between actually practicing law, my revenue generating activity, and running and marketing the business itself. We’ve learned lessons and adapted and changed as we’ve developed, and nearly three years in we are returning a net profit. But, the education I received at The University, specifically the McCombs School of Business, has been absolutely indispensable. I hope to be writing another one of these for BBA 150!

Rogers_Jason_inset
Rogers Garcia Patton PLLC
BBA Entrepreneurs Archive