Entrepreneurs

Jonathan Van

A UT McCombs, I worked with two Entrepreneurs-in-Residence: Laura Kilcrease and Brett Hurt to impact thousands of students. Through them, I ended up doing a tour of duty at Alta Ventures where I sourced and led the investment in Nuve, the leading monitoring and security provider for transportation and infrastructure industries.

While at Alta Ventures, I met with Brian Cummings, once the director of the famed commercialization office at the University of Utah, spinning out over 100 startups. We decided to work together on Technium to transform the R&D industry. With $65.1 billion invested every year at universities and hospital innovation projects, there are immense assets to be tapped by entrepreneurs everywhere. This doesn’t even include the $316 billion spent in corporate innovation.

Technium uses a combination of crowdsourcing and proprietary data analytics to showcase the best technologies and people who can solve awesome challenges in cybersecurity, clean water, food and agriculture, and many more. We partner with entrepreneurs to bring innovations into the world in record time by streamlining the licensing process to ~100-120 days. We’ve spun out three successful companies already and plan to reach 100 per year as our network grows.

Technium
BBA Entrepreneurs Archive