Entrepreneurs

Kevin Yu

First job out of undergrad was with Cisco Systems in the Silicon Valley. It was DotCom 1.0. Over the past 15 years, I have worked at Cisco Systems, KPMG, Atmos Energy, and a small energy startup.

While at McCombs, I was working as an intern at a startup and serving as the concertmaster of the UT University Orchestra.

In 2015, I quit my day job and traveled the world. I walked across Spain from east to west (on the El Camino de Santiago). I went to Berlin, Bulgaria, Istanbul, and Hermosa Beach. Upon landing back in Dallas, I asked my girlfriend to quit her job in Wichita Falls and move to Dallas to be unemployed with me. A few months later, I got on a knee at Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas and asked her to marry me.

After returning from traveling, I started my own company. Having been a professional violinist for the past twenty years, I have always found formal attire to be wildly uncomfortable. For two years, I product developed and tested.

Coregami launched in June 2015. A few months later, we landed on the front page of the New York Times Arts section. Then the BBC, NBC, and London Times called. Business exploded. We have sold out three rounds of inventory and we can’t keep up with demand.

NY Times Article – Taking the Starch out of Orchestra Attire 

Today, athleisure. Tomorrow, performal:

Today, we are the first company in the world developing technical formal wear. It is used by some of the best orchestras in the world (NY Phil, Dallas Sym, Berlin Phil, Israel Phil, US Air Force Band, Boston Symphony, MET Opera).

This is the happiest chapter of my life. I always think back to my experience at McCombs from 1996 to 2000. I could not be here without the help of my friends, family, and professors at McCombs.

Coregami
BBA Entrepreneurs Archive