Entrepreneurs

Laura Gruber

I graduated from UT in 1984 with a BBA in Petroleum Land Management. I worked for two years for a small oil and gas exploration company as the in-house landman. I then moved to NJ and went to work for Chubb in the energy underwriting department. I tried the business world and just didn’t like it. I like working directly with people and helping them.

In 1992 at the age of 30 I went back to school and got my Nutrition and Dietetics Degree and became a registered RD. After working as an RD in hospitals, at a health club and for a practice, I am proud to say that I started my own practice in the twentieth year of being an RD. I felt confident to read my legal documents, look at the numbers and market myself. Solving on issues is something that I learned studying in the business school at UT. Many of my classes for my PLM degree were business law classes and understanding contracts, and legalese is invaluable as you start your own company. Thank you for the knowledge and helping me feel confident to go out on my own.

Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
BBA Entrepreneurs Archive