BBA Memories

Longhorn For Life

I was a proud transfer into the McCombs BBA program in 2000, graduating in 2003 with a BBA in International Business with a Spanish minor. The best experience of my entire life was through the Study Abroad program through the university that provided me with the ability to study for a short semester at the ESADE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. Not only was this program exciting as a student of International Business & the Spanish language, but it also gave me the opportunity to work with foreign professors and learn from being in a completely new environment and helped me bond with other students through this wonderful program.

On campus, my favorite professor was Mr. Bredeson for Business Law. He had an enthusiasm and contagious energy for his lessons that helped keep students engaged and interested. He would also supported the Longhorn spirit by mentioning things like March Madness scores and celebrating the athletic success.

I was on campus during the attacks of September 11, 2001. In fact, my Accounting professor that exact day did not even cancel his afternoon class and required us to attend, and went on with his lesson as if nothing tragic had happened, when other classes had cancelled that afternoon. It wasn’t until the following scheduled class that the professor apologized for holding class and gave the students a moment to reflect, discuss, and air any concerns on our minds. Even though it was a couple of days after the fact, it was encouraging for the professor to admit it may not have been the right choice as well as offer the students a platform to discuss our feelings regarding the tragedy.

Overall, being a student of the University of Texas has proven to be an enriching, fulfilling, exciting and motivating part of who I am today. I am proud to be a Longhorn for life and look forward to making contributions as an alumni.

Erin Hale
Memory Archive