BBA Memories

Texas-OU 1989

will-lewis

My most memorable experience was actually the 1989 contest. I graduated from Texas in 1966, but my son was in his second year at Texas and was in the Longhorn  Band. About one and a half hours before game time, my very close friend and former roommate at Texas, called and said a client of his will give him two tickets if he could use them. Within thirty minutes we were on our way. Got there right after the kick off and saw a very hard fought game with Peter Gardere lead the Longhorns to a 28-24 victory for the first time in five years.

will-lewis_2But the most memorable, was seeing my son marching in the Longhorn Band at a Texas–OU game in the Cotton Bowl. Here is a picture of a cup purchased at the game and at the top is the picture of the Band in pregame ceremonies.

The day was so special, son in the band, first time my former roommate and I had attended the game together since days at UT, and, of course, TEXAS beating OU in the closing minutes. What a day!

Here is a video clip of the touchdown by Johnny Walker that won the game:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6k4zly-eOI

James W. (Will) Lewis, Jr.
Memory Archive