BBA Memories

TEXAS: My Shining Star

cameron

So many wonderful memories fill my mind as I think about my exceptional experience at McCombs and around the Forty Acres. This university is special in so many ways, mainly due to the caliber of students, faculty and staff this university attracts. One memory I hold most dear as a business student was my tenure as a Texas BBA Students Recruiter (2011 – 2014) under my friend and mentor, Charles Enriquez. I was on a team some of the most intelligent, caring, inclusive, and open-hearted people. The team included my friends, Vianey Rangel, Gabe Gonzales, Danny Novotny, Alejandro Flores, and Jennie Akune. Through countless information sessions, summer camps, and recruiting events, we worked hard to recruit students that would continue the tradition of excellence at McCombs. Most importantly, we laughed….a lot. Everyday brought its new jokes and funny stories. It was best job a student could ask for.
My second memory is studying abroad in Sydney, Australia in the Spring of 2013. This 6-month journey was a rollercoaster of emotions as I was able to travel to New Zealand, scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, feed (and eat) Kangaroo. I attended the University of New South Wales which was over 50% international students so I was exposed to a variety cultures. Thanks to McCombs and their study abroad program my view of world is different, I’m more open to change and getting out of my comfort zone. As a business professional living in Chicago, I see the impact of Australia in my everyday life. Thanks, Texas. Thanks, McCombs. Hook ‘em Horns!

Cameron C. Merritt
Memory Archive